Q. Do I Need A Damage Sticker?
Legislation in Alberta states that if you are involved in a motor vehicle collision and the damages exceed $2,000 you must file a police report and obtain a damage sticker. If the accident happened inside Calgary city limits, any police station can issue a damage sticker.  If the accident happened outside Calgary city limits, you must obtain a damage sticker from the RCMP.   Please contact us to set up a consultation appointment so we can determine the extent of the damages.

Q. How Do I Obtain A Claim Number?
Your insurance company will assign a claim number when you report your accident to them.  Your claim number is all Concours needs to begin the repair process.

Q. Who Do I Pay The Deductible To?
The amount of your deductible is determined in your insurance policy.  Concours collects the deductible from you when you pick up your vehicle.  Your insurance company is billed for the total amount of the repairs less the deductible.  We accept cash, Interac, Visa and MasterCard.

Q. What If The Accident Was Not My Fault?
Even though another party might be responsible for the accident, you may still have to pay the deductible under the collision coverage of your policy. As the owner of the vehicle, you are responsible for the cost of any repairs unless your insurance company provides the authorization that they have agreed to pay for the damages.

Q. Do I Need An Appointment For An Estimate?
Concours books appointments so that we can give you the service you deserve.  A consultation takes about 30 minutes. If you cannot book an appointment we will do our best to assist you as soon as possible but customers that have booked an appointment will receive priority service.

 Q. How Long Will My Repairs Take?
The length of repairs depends on the extent of the damages.  The time involved for repairs is a combination of parts arrival and the labour hours involved.  In some cases, we may be able to pre order parts.  A Concours representative will contact you to let you know the target completion date when we have been able to confirm all damages.

Q.  What Is The Difference Between An Adjuster And An Appraiser?
An adjuster represents an insurer with respect to the settlement of claims.  An appraiser represents an insurer and is trained to review damages to your vehicle.

Q, What Are Betterment Charges?
Betterment charges are determined by your insurance company based on wear and tear of parts that wear out over a period of time.  Tires and batteries are periodically subject to betterment charges.  Betterment can also apply to a part being replaced by your insurance company that had previous damage.